Video Downloaders with a 2020 Vision!
Well, I could have said we have a 20-20 vision as well, but it looks like nobody saw the deadly coronavirus coming our way. The way most of us are locked down right now, if I am not wrong, almost 50-60% of us are being couched potatoes and binge-watching our favorite movies online.
To stream the videos online and watch the live streaming could be an option, but if there are connectivity issues or if your videos keep buffering, it kills the fun, doesn’t it? Most of us must be aware that some third-party apps could allow us to download the videos from various sites. Here we will help you find the best of them!
Here are some of the best Video Downloaders and super trending Video Downloaders that we have dug up through our research.
- 4K Video Downloader:
Availability: Microsoft Windows, Mac, and Linux.
It supports multiple sites, and it is the easiest to use and absolutely user friendly. You just need to copy the URL and paste it in the Downloader (you can even paste the YouTube Links there). As the name suggests, it supports 4K and even 8K HD video downloads. If the original video is posted in 720p or 1080p resolution, it will support such video downloads too.
- Can download subtitles.
- Can download playlists and channels.
- Can download 3D videos
- It can allow batch downloading of videos.
- Can convert videos into MP4, MKV, and FLV formats.
- Can download entire playlists and channels
- It Limits the number of playlists that you can download.
- A lot of Ads.
Availability: Windows, Linux, Mac
This software supports several social as well as other websites. It is free, fast, and totally efficient to use.
- It is a Multi-platform software
- It allows you to download multiple videos simultaneously.
- It allows you to choose the video quality of your choice.
- It has a well-organized user interface.
- It features automatic link detection.
- Ads are often bundled during installation.
- The search list shows only a limited number of results.
3. Video DownloadHelper:
Availability: Chrome and Firefox.
It supports thousands of websites, and it is one of the most useful browser extensions.
All you need to do:
- Install this tool on your browser.
- A button will be added to your browser’s address bar.
- Just click the button whenever you want to download videos.
- You are good to go!
- Affordable conversion license.
- Works well with YouTube and many other sites.
- Detects almost all the audio and video streams on the page.
- It requires to be installed on your browser.
- A bit pricier than its competitive tools.
Availability: Windows, Mac, Linux.
It can support any website that streams videos online.
All you need to do:
- Copy and paste the URL in the Downloader.
- It detects all the videos that are streamed in the URL. So, no specific URL of a video is required. (yay!)
- It allows quick and easy download.
- It allows remote management. (you can download the videos even if you are away from your computer.)
- It allows the simultaneous downloading of several videos.
- It will enable the automatic detection of files.
- The adware that can sneak during installation. (you have the option of skipping the adware while installing the application.)
- It consumes more system resources than required.
5. aTUbe Catcher:
Availability: Windows (it is a Windows application) and Mac
It supports a huge list of several social websites and numerous video streaming websites. With this software, you can convert videos into other various formats, including MP2, MP3, MP4, GIF, FLAC, WAV, WMV, and even more.
- It has a built-in screen and sound recorders.
- It allows the simultaneous downloading of multiple videos.
- Updates the program automatically.
- Has integrated burning softwares to create DVDs and VCDs.
- Several Ads sneak up in your plan.
- Some unnecessary software could also be downloaded if you’re not careful.
6. Any Video Converter Free (AVC)
Availability: Windows and Mac
Just as the name suggests, this program can effectively download any kinds of videos as it supports thousands of websites on the internet. This is a free video downloader and converter, and it is very user-friendly.
- Fast converting speed
- Supports excellent video quality.
- Has a built-in video editor. (it can optimize the color of the videos and apply filters and add several other effects too.)
- Can trim or split the videos.
- It can burn CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Limits downloading of single video at a time
- Installs other unwanted software during its installation
To Sum It Up:
All of these video downloaders are super easy to access and very efficient in their work. Some of them come up with additional perks that are mentioned above. There are specific cons in each one of them, but they are almost negligible if the program is working well as per your needs. You could find access to any of them depending upon your resources and requirements.