Apple is known for rolling out premium products that have the best features and are of high quality; but, let’s face it: their products are quite pricey. One of the best performing laptops in the market right now is Apple’s MacBook models, and—you guessed it—they don’t come cheap.
The good news is you can still get your hands on an Apple laptop even without breaking the bank. A refurbished MacBook can offer you everything a brand new one can at a reasonable price.
What are refurbished MacBooks?
People often dismiss the idea of shelling out on refurb products because of the stigma that “refurbished” means used and abused, and repackaged. Hence, they’re faulty units that are inferior in every way. Refurbished MacBooks are different from resold Macs, with the latter not being reconditioned and its problems remaining unfixed.
On the contrary, refurb MacBooks are laptops that were returned for different reasons. These items went through professional inspection and were upgraded, cleared of any flaws, reformatted to get rid of all traces of the previous user’s data, and thoroughly checked until it is in tip-top shape and functioning excellently.
With this, the reconditioned system should run smoothly and look just like new. It’s even repackaged with all the necessary accessories.
Bear in mind that these laptops are manufactured by a well-regarded company that holds its products to the highest standards. Let’s have a look at some of the practical benefits that come with purchasing a refurbished MacBook.
- It comes at an affordable price – When frugality kicks in, but you still want to get a new MacBook for yourself, you don’t have to settle for less. You can get a reconditioned MacBook at a reasonable price. The best part is, you wouldn’t even notice the difference in performance when you put it beside a brand new unit.
- High resale potential – Thanks to the Apple branding, refurb units come with a premium perception, including refurbished MacBooks. The brand’s top-tier items continue to hold its value even after new, yearly launches. Their products still carry a reasonably high resale rate if you decide to upgrade or sell.
- It’s eco-friendly – Opting for reconditioned items instead of purchasing a brand new ones means one less product that goes to the growing tech waste.
- Reliable customer support – Certified refurbished MacBook sellers champion customer satisfaction. Their customer support service agents are trained to answer all of your concerns from the minute that you buy a unit until you use it.
- Ensures security – You’ll never know what a previous owner might have done with their old unit when you purchase a second-hand laptop. With certified refurb MacBooks, you get peace of mind since they are wiped clean, ensuring that units are pristine, safe, and good as new.
You don’t have to spend a premium price for a premium machine like Apple’s MacBook units. You can get your hands on one without shelling out a considerable chunk of your savings. Do you still need a little enlightenment about refurb Macs? Below, we have a visual guide that debunks the eight common misconceptions behind refurbished MacBooks.